HomeAUTOLambretta scooters: The company plans to re-enter the Indian market soon, all...

Lambretta scooters: The company plans to re-enter the Indian market soon, all you need to know about this brand

Lambretta scooters: In the past, Indian consumers who purchased two-wheelers frequently used the moniker Lambretta. The vintage scooters made in Italy used to be a familiar sight on our roads. A report claims that Lambretta is currently preparing to reenter the Indian market. For its return in India, the Italian scooter company will collaborate with Bird Mobility.

“The brand has its essence in India and it has incredible affinity among the public,” Walter Scheffrahn, owner of Innocenti SA, which owns Lambretta internationally, said in a statement to the Economic Times. The magic of the past must be brought back. We intend to make it a Ferrari of scooters in India with our top-end range.” Additionally, the company intends to invest more than $200 million in India over the next five years. Innocenti SA wants to introduce a number of models to the market in addition to an electric scooter in 2024. The majority of the scooter types produced by Lambretta will have 200 cc to 300 cc engine sizes.

Even more significant than introducing new items in India is the fact that Lambretta intends to begin domestic production. Lambretta would concentrate on exporting to foreign countries, such as Italy, with manufacture taking place in India. When they are introduced, Lmabretta scooters won’t be the cheapest in India. Most likely, it will cost more than any other high-end scooter now available for purchase in India. As previously mentioned, Lambretta will join the Indian market following a partnership with Bird Mobility. Lambretta will hold a 51 percent ownership stake in the firm, with Bird Group holding the remaining 49 percent.

Also read: Honda Motor: The best and most affordable bike in its class with extraordinary feature-set, details here

Scooters made by Lambretta have sold more than 1 lakh units worldwide. The numbers are anticipated to increase with the entry into the Indian market. At the moment, Lambretta is accessible in over 70 different nations. Currently, manufacturing facilities are located in South East Asia and Europe. The largest manufacturing facility yet would be if one were to be established in India. By 2024, the firm wants to build a factory in Manesa with a 100,000 unit capacity.

The renowned Italian two-wheeler company Lambretta debuted two new scooters in Milan earlier this year. The G350 and X300 motorbikes were on display during Milan Design Week 2022. Like many other producers, Lambretta offers contemporary features with its scooter while retaining its vintage appearance. In India, Lambretta will introduce the G, V, and X model scooters. The Lambretta G350 scooter includes features including a TFT instrument cluster, a USB charger, double arm-link suspension with ABS, a complete LED headlamp with the company’s recognisable hexagonal design, LED tail lights, and more.

Semi-digital instrumentation, clever keyless entry, LED headlamps and taillamps, disc brakes with ABS, and many other options are available on the X300. The 300-cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that powers the G350 produces peak torque of 27 Nm and horsepower of 27 Bhp. The automated gearbox is connected to the engine. The 275-cc, liquid-cooled engine in the X300 produces 24 bhp and 24.5 nm of maximum torque. Additionally connected to this scooter is an autonomous scooter.

Keep watching our YouTube Channel ‘DNP INDIA’. Also, please subscribe and follow us on FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM, and TWITTER.

Enter Your Email To get daily Newsletter in your inbox

- Advertisement -

Latest Post

Latest News

- Advertisement -