Petrol and diesel prices remained the same for the eleventh day in a row on November 15 after the Central government cut the excise duty on the two fuels to bring down retail rates from record highs, according to a price notification of state-owned fuel retailers.
The government cut excise duty on petrol by Rs 5 per litre and that on diesel by Rs 10 a litre on November 3 to give relief to consumers battered by record-high retail fuel prices. Following this, petrol price was cut in the range of Rs 5.7 to Rs 6.35 per litre across the country and diesel rates by Rs 11.16 to Rs 12.88 on November 4 as oil companies passed on a record reduction in excise duty rates to consumers.
- In Delhi, petrol costs Rs 103.97 a litre while the rate of diesel was Rs 86.67 per litre.
- In Mumbai, petrol can be bought at Rs 109.98 per litre and diesel costs Rs 94.14 for one litre.
- In Chennai, a litre of petrol is priced at Rs 101.40. On Monday, the price of a litre of diesel was Rs 91.43 per litre.
- Petrol in Kolkata costs Rs 104.67 per litre while diesel costs Rs 101.56 a litre.
- While petrol can be bought at Rs 107.23 in Bhopal, which is a cut by Rs 6.27, diesel costs Rs 90.87 per litre.
The difference in the price of petrol and diesel in the states varies due to the tax and the cost of transportation imposed by the central and state government.
How to check petrol and diesel price in your city:
Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum, and Hindustan Petroleum revise fuel rates daily, taking into account crude and rupee-dollar rates in international markets. Daily price changes for Petrol & Diesel are effected at 6 am every day.
To get the indicative prices of Petrol/Diesel in your city/town for the day, kindly SMS “RSP Dealer Code of Petrol Pump” to 92249 92249. For example, SMS “RSP 102072” to 92249 92249 for petrol and diesel prices in Delhi.
(For more updates stay tuned with DNP India)