The oil marketing companies(OMCs) on Saturday hiked the fuel prices after keeping it unchanged on Friday. The oil marketing companies(OMCs) on Saturday hiked the fuel prices after keeping it unchanged on Friday. The OMCs increased the price of petrol by 80 paise in Delhi while diesel prices were increased by 80 paise.
- In Delhi, a litre of petrol will cost now ₹102.61 and a litre of diesel will be sold at ₹93.87.
- The price of petrol in Mumbai has been increased by 85 paise taking the petrol and diesel prices per litre to ₹117.57 and ₹101.79, respectively.
- While in Chennai, the price of petrol has been increased by 76 paise and it is now sold at ₹108.21 and diesel at ₹98.28.
- In Kolkata, the price of petrol is ₹112.19, increased by 84 paise and diesel is ₹97.02, increased by 80 paise.
- In Bengaluru, the price of one litre of petrol is ₹108.14and one litre of diesel is sold at ₹92.05.
- Meanwhile, in Bhopal, one litre of petrol is sold at ₹115.09 and one litre of diesel at ₹98.28.
This is the 10th increase in prices since the ending of a four-and-half-month long hiatus in rate revision on March 22.
Petrol and diesel prices had been a freeze since November 4—- a period during which the cost of raw material (crude oil) soared by $30 per barrel. The rate revision was expected after the result of the five states assembly election (post-March 10), but it was put off.
The difference in the price of fuel in the states are due to the tax and the cost of transportation imposed by the central and state government.
How to check petrol and diesel price in your city:
Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum, and Hindustan Petroleum revise fuel rates daily, taking into account crude and rupee-dollar rates in international markets. Daily price changes for fuel are effected at 6 am every day.
To get the indicative prices of Petrol/Diesel in your city/town for the day, kindly SMS “RSP Dealer Code of Petrol Pump” to 92249 92249. For example, SMS “RSP 102072” to 92249 92249 for fuel prices in Delhi.