Tata Motors Limited is a leading global automobile manufacturer with a wide range of commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, and electric vehicles. It is a part of the Tata Group, one of India’s largest conglomerates. Tata Motors has operations in India, the UK, South Korea, South Africa, China, Brazil, Austria, and Slovakia.
The company was founded in 1945 as a locomotive manufacturer. It entered the commercial vehicle market in 1954 and the passenger vehicle market in 1991. Tata Motors has since become one of the leading automobile manufacturers in India and has a significant presence in the global market.
Tata Motors – Remarkable Price Surge
The weekly chart of Tata Motors stock price shows a remarkable upward trajectory in recent years. In 2020, the stock was trading at around ₹140 per share. However, by 2023, the stock had surged to ₹630 per share, representing a gain of over 300%.
There are a number of factors that have contributed to this surge, including:
- Strong demand for its vehicles: Tata Motors’ vehicles are in high demand both domestically and internationally. The company has been benefiting from the strong economic growth in India and other emerging markets.
- New product launches: Tata Motors has been launching a number of new products in recent years, including the Harrier, Nexon, and Safari. These new products have been well-received by customers and have helped to boost sales.
- Focus on electric vehicles: Tata Motors is one of the leading electric vehicle manufacturers in India. The company has launched a number of electric vehicles in recent years. Tata Motors is also investing heavily in developing new electric vehicle technologies.
- FII interest: Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) have been increasing their stake in Tata Motors in recent years. This has helped to boost the demand for the company’s shares.
- Strong financial performance: Tata Motors has been reporting strong financial performance in recent quarters. This has also helped to boost investor confidence in the company.
Tata Motors’ revenue models for the fiscal year 2022 are as follows:
- Jaguar Land Rover (JLR): JLR is a luxury car manufacturer that contributes around 67% of Tata Motors’ total revenue. JLR’s revenue model is based on the sale of high-margin luxury vehicles.
- Tata Commercial Vehicles (CV): CV is a commercial vehicle manufacturer that contributes around 19% of Tata Motors’ total revenue. CV’s revenue model is based on the sale of a wide range of commercial vehicles, including trucks, buses, and vans.
- Tata Passenger Vehicles (PV): PV is a passenger vehicle manufacturer that contributes around 11% of Tata Motors’ total revenue. PV’s revenue model is based on the sale of a wide range of passenger vehicles, including cars and SUVs.
- Vehicles Financing: Tata Motors also offers vehicle financing services, which contributes around 2% of its total revenue.
The Indian government has taken a number of initiatives to promote the growth of the automobile industry, including:
- Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (FAME) scheme: The FAME scheme provides subsidies to electric vehicle manufacturers and consumers. This scheme has helped to boost the demand for electric vehicles in India.
- Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme: The PLI scheme provides financial incentives to companies that manufacture automobiles in India. This scheme is expected to attract new investments in the automobile sector and boost production.
Key Financial Metrics QI FY23-24
Here are some of Tata Motors’ key financial metrics:
- Revenue: ₹102.2K Cr in Q1 FY24 (up 42% yoy)
- EBITDA: ₹14.7K Cr in Q1 FY24 (up 177% yoy)
- EBIT: ₹8.3KCr in Q1 FY24 (higher by ₹8.8KCr)
- PBT (bei): ₹5.3KCr in Q1 FY24 (improved by ₹10.3KCr)
- Net Profit: ₹3.3KCr in Q1 FY24
For investors looking for potential opportunities in the Automobile Industry, Tata Motors’ remarkable growth and the following key factors make it a worthwhile option. But remember, it’s essential to do your research and consider your financial goals before investing.
Disclaimer: (This information is provided solely for informational purposes. It is important to note that investing in the market or a business idea involves market risks. Before investing money as an investor/ owner/ partner, always consult an expert. DNP News Network Private Limited never advises to invest money on stocks or any specific business idea. We will not be liable for any financial losses.)