India has recorded 20,436 new cases of coronavirus in the last 24-hour, taking the overall covid-19 tally of the country to 1,03,95,278. With 222 deaths, the overall toll for the fatalities have reached 1,50,336, said the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
In the past few days, India has managed to keep the daily cases below 20 thousan. As on date, 1,00,16,859 people have recovered from the virus while 2,28,083 people are being treated. With the new developments, the recovery rate has reached 96.36 per cent while the fatality rate stands at 1.45 per cent.
The total number of samples tested up to January 6 is 17,84,00,995 including 9,37,590 samples tested on Wednesday, the Indian Council of Medical Research said.?
Here’re some more coronavirus related updates:
* China’s National Health Commission on Thursday said that it reported 63 newly confirmed coronavirus cases on the mainland, of which 52 were locally transmitted while 11 were imported.
* Hyderabad-based vaccine manufacturer Bharat Biotech has concluded the recruitment of volunteers for the phase III trials of its Covid vaccine, Covaxin, on Thursday
* Nearly 2.13 million children in the US have been diagnosed with the novel coronavirus since the onset of the pandemic early last year, according to the latest data.
* Health Minister Harsh Vardhan will chair a meeting with health minister of all the states to review the preparedness of the covid-19 vaccination dry run that is scheduled to commence from January 8.
* Meanwhile, the overall number of global coronavirus cases has surpassed the 87 million mark, while the deaths have surged to more than 1.88 million, according to the Johns Hopkins University.