Health Tips: Malaika Arora shares her khichdi recipe for detox and weight loss. As we are in the festive season, pollution is on the rise in most cities in India. During this time, the actress Malaika Arora has her secret Khichdi recipe to save her from the harmful effects of pollution. Moreover, she is known for her enthusiasm for everything health and fitness. Therefore, this khichdi recipe is super healthy and helps her keep body weight in check. Here is the recipe for this khichdi
Ingredients required for Malaika Arora’s Khichdi
This requires ingredients such as oil, onion, tomatoes, carrots, peas, beans, cauliflower, rice, moong dal, masoor dal, red chillies, cumin seeds, hing, turmeric, ginger garlic paste and ghee.
Steps to make Malaika Arora’s Khichdi
- Soak the rice in water for half an hour
- In a pressure cooker, put some oil
- Once the oil starts heating up, add red chillies and cumin seeds and wait till it pops
- Then, add ginger garlic paste and saute it for a few seconds
- To this, add chopped onion and one-fourth spoonful of turmeric. Saute this till the onions turn golden brown
- On this, add chopped tomatoes and saute for a couple of minutes
- Add chopped veggies and saute them for a few minutes before adding the soaked rice and dal
- Saute the rice with the mixture for a few minutes before adding triple the water to the rice and dal.
- Close the lid and cook until two whistles
- Once the cooker opens, make the tadka. For this heat some ghee with hing and jeera
- Add the tadka to the khichdi and it is ready to be served hot
This khichdi is warm, comforting and super healthy, making it a perfect meal for the festive season.
Disclaimer – This material, including advice, provides general information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Take the methods, and claims mentioned in this article as suggestions only; DNP India does not confirm or refute them. Consult a doctor before implementing any such suggestions/ treatment/medicine/diet.