September 2021 has begun, and it is important to be aware of all private and state bank holidays before visiting these financial institutions. For a total of 12 days this month, all private and government banks will be closed.
According to that list, banks will remain close for seven days in the month of September 2021. These holidays will be observed on account of various festivals like Teej, Ganesh Chaturthi, etc.
Moreover, banks in India will also remain close for 5 more days on account of weekend holidays (Sundays, second and fourth Saturdays). Therefore, a total of twelve bank holidays will be observed in the month of September 2021.
RBI notified holidays for lenders under these categories—the Negotiable Instruments Act, Holiday, Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday, and Banks’ Closing of Accounts.
Here is the complete list of bank holidays in September 2021:
1) September 5 – Sunday
2) September 8 – Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva – (Guwahati)
3) September 9 – Teej (Haritalika) – (Gangtok)
4) September 10 – Ganesh Chaturthi/Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Vinayakar Chathurthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata – (Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji)
5) September 11 – Second Saturday / Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day) – (Panaji)
6) September 12 – Sunday
7) September 17 – Karma Puja – (Ranchi)
8) September 19 – Sunday
9) September 20 – Indrajatra – (Gangtok)
10) September 21 – Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day – (Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram)
11) September 25 – Fourth Saturday
12) September 26 – Sunday
While the bank branches will remain closed on these days, mobile and internet banking will remain functional as usual. Customers can make transactions through online modes.