Ahead of the Rajasthan assembly polls, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has released its manifesto, known as ‘sankalp patra.’ Party chief JP Nadda outlined key promises, including a subsidy of Rs 450 per LPG cylinder for Ujjwala scheme beneficiaries and the creation of 2.5 lakh government jobs. Additionally, Nadda pledged to establish a Special Investigation Team to probe paper leaks and other alleged scams in the current Congress government if the BJP forms the government in the state.
Key Manifesto Highlights:
- LPG Subsidy: The BJP has committed to providing a subsidy of Rs 450 per LPG cylinder for beneficiaries of the Ujjwala scheme.
- Government Jobs: The manifesto promises the creation of 2.5 lakh government jobs in the state.
- Anti-Corruption Measures: A Special Investigation Team will be established to investigate paper leaks and other alleged scams during the Congress government’s tenure.
- Women Empowerment: The BJP vows to implement various schemes for girls and women, including the establishment of a ‘mahila thana’ in every district, ‘mahila desk’ in every police station, and an anti-romeo squad in every city.
- Financial Initiatives: The manifesto includes a savings bond of Rs 2 lakh on the birth of a girl child and a compensation policy for farmers whose land was auctioned.
Rajasthan is set to go to polls on November 25, with the results scheduled to be declared on December 3.