GoldDigger Malware: A new Android malware that is rapidly spreading has just been discovered. Users may find this type of malware to be extremely harmful. The latest bug has the ability to access your bank app and empty your account. The Android Trojan was discovered in August of this year, according to cybersecurity researcher Group-IB.
GoldDigger Malware can empty your bank account
This spyware specifically targets the banking sector. Although it is now active in Vietnam, the threat it poses to India cannot be ignored. The trojan is being called ‘Golddigger’. A warning has been released by the Vietnam Computer Emergency Response Team.
This Golddigger Android Trojan, according to Group-IB, has been operational since June 2023. The spyware poses as a phoney Android application. The Android bug aims to steal financial credentials. The spyware, like many other Android trojans, intercepts SMS messages and utilises accessibility services to steal personal information. The unique feature of Golddigger is that it also offers remote access, making it even more dangerous.
How to stay safe?
- Always keep your computer and software updated.
- Think twice before downloading or clicking on a link.
- Before logging in anywhere, users must check the webpage.
- When opening email attachments and images, exercise extra caution.
- Never rely on pop-up windows that urge you to download software.