Viral Video: In a startling incident from Hyderabad, a resident, Robin Zaccheus, stumbled upon a live worm wriggling inside a bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate. The chocolate, purchased from Ratnadeep Retail store at Ameerpet metro station, swiftly became the center of attention, triggering a wave of concern regarding food safety and quality control practices.
Viral Outcry: Social Media Erupts
Mr. Zaccheus took to social media, posting a video of the unsettling discovery along with the bill of purchase, valued at ₹45. His post, shared on various platforms, including X (formerly Twitter), quickly gained traction, sparking outrage among netizens. Many voiced their support, urging him to take decisive action against the responsible parties.
Watch the viral video here:
Calls for Action: Netizens Response
Numerous users on social media platforms rallied behind Mr. Zaccheus, offering advice and encouragement. Suggestions ranged from lodging a complaint with Cadbury to seeking legal recourse and pursuing compensation. The overwhelming response underscored the public’s demand for accountability and transparency in food production and distribution.
Authorities Response: Ensuring Public Safety
Acknowledging the gravity of the situation, the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) swiftly responded, assuring prompt action by the Food Safety team. Their commitment to addressing the issue underscored the importance of safeguarding public health and upholding food safety standards.
Cadbury’s Assurance and Call for Cooperation
In response to the viral post, Cadbury Dairy Milk issued a statement expressing regret over the unpleasant experience. The company emphasized its dedication to maintaining the highest quality standards and urged Mr. Zaccheus to provide detailed information to address his concerns effectively.