8th Pay Commission: The Central Government has given a big update on the formation of the 8th Pay Commission for the employees. The Center announced that they are not considering the proposal to set up the 8th Central Pay Commission for its employees.
Union Minister of State for Finance Pankaj Chaudhary gave this information in the Lok Sabha on Monday. In a written reply to a question, Choudhary said that there is no proposal under consideration with the Central Government for the formation of the Eighth Central Pay Commission for the Central Government employees.
Minister Chowdhary said that dearness allowance is paid to central government employees to make up for the shortfall in the actual value of their salaries due to inflation. The DA rate is revised from time to time every six months depending on the inflation rate. He said, “The chairman of the 7th CPC, forwarding his report in para 1.22, made the recommendation. The metrics can be reviewed without waiting for a long period of 10 years.”
The Union Minister of State for Finance said that there should be changes in the pay metrics from time to time and there is no need for the next pay commission. it has been suggested. It can be reviewed and amended based on the Acroyd formula.
Due to rising inflation, it is expected that the Central Government employees and pensioners can increase DA and DR by up to 4 percent. However, a decision has not been taken on this. If the government increases the dearness allowance, then there will be a tremendous increase in the salary of the employees.
Highlights of 7th Pay Commission –
- 7th Pay Commission was implemented in January 2016.
- Minimum wage of new entry level employee has been increased to Rs 18,000 per month. The minimum salary for a newly recruited Category 1 officer is Rs 56,100 per month.
- 7th Pay Commission hikes the maximum salary for Apex Scale employees to Rs 2.25 lakh per month and for Cabinet Secretary and other employees working at the same level to Rs 2.5 lakh per month.
- After the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, the status of a government employee is not decided on the basis of grade pay but on the basis of level in the new pay matrix.
- Pay commission has been recommended to give salary and allowances to all the hospitalized employees.
Also Read – Stock Market Update Today: Today’s Top Gainers