Pan Aadhaar link: The final day for taxpayers to link their Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar has been extended by the federal government. The deadline has been extended until June 30, 2023, per a statement from the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). It stated that a supplementary notification is being issued in this regard. To stop tax evasion, it is crucial to link PAN and Aadhaar. A taxpayer’s PAN card will stop working if they don’t connect the two records. Under such circumstances, the taxpayer will not be allowed to provide, intimate, or cite his PAN.
How to check the status of the Aadhar-PAN Card link online?
To verify the status of Aadhaar-PAN linkage, a taxpayer must go to the Income Tax e-filing website.
- Click Quick Links then Connect Aadhaar Status on the homepage.
- The taxpayer must input their PAN and Aadhaar numbers in two fields on the new page.
- The server will display a pop-up notification after determining the status. The message will say: “Your PAN is already linked to given Aadhaar” if Aadhaar and PAN are linked.
- The screen will display the following message if the two papers are not linked: “PAN is not connected to Aadhaar. To link your Aadhaar with PAN, kindly click the “Link Aadhaar” button “.
- The following notice will appear to the taxpayer if the Aadhaar-PAN link is active: “Your request to link your Aadhaar and PAN has been sent to UIDAI for verification. Please visit the ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ link on the homepage later to check the status.”
Instead, taxpayers can access the Income Tax portal and follow these instructions to verify the status:
- The taxpayer must go to the “Dashboard” section of the homepage after logging in and select the “Link Aadhaar Status” option.
- Moreover, he or she may visit “My Profile” and select the “Link Aadhaar Status” option.
- The Aadhaar number will be shown if it is connected to your PAN. If the two documents are not linked, the message “Link Aadhaar Status” will appear.
- If the request to link your Aadhaar with PAN card is still pending with the Unique Identification Authority of India, the website will also prompt you to verify the status later (UIDAI)
According to the CBDT, 51 crore PAN cards have been connected to Aadhaar as of this writing.