Prime Minister Narendra Modi has made a big announcement on the occasion of Teacher’s Day on Monday. He said that 14,500 PM SHRI schools will be built across the country. In this, some old schools will be upgraded and some new schools will be built. These will become model schools and will take forward the new education policy. PM Modi has talked about this scheme in the National Award ceremony of teachers.
What will be special in these schools
- PM-Shri will be a modern, transformative and holistic way of imparting education in schools
- Emphasis will be placed on discovery oriented and learning focused way of imparting education
- The focus will also be on modern infrastructure including state-of-the-art technology, smart classrooms, sports at its center
- State-of-the-art labs will be set up. So that students can learn from practical apart from book knowledge
- There will be a focus on sports among the children of pre-primary and primary. so that they can also develop physical
Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted, “Today on Teacher’s Day, I am happy to announce a new initiative. Under the Pradhan Mantri School for Rising India (PM-SHRI) scheme, 14,500 schools will be developed across India. All these will become model schools and will contain the full spirit of the National Education Policy.”
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan had announced the launch of PM SHRI Yojana in June 2022. According to which, instead of creating new infrastructure for PM SHRI schools, only old government schools will be upgraded. These will be operated on the guidelines of the Union Ministry of Education. It will be set up on the lines of Kendriya Vidyalaya. According to the need, the premises and structure of government schools will be made beautiful, strong, attractive. The Central Government will bear the expenditure on PM Shri Schools. However, the responsibility of monitoring will be on the state government.
Where will PM SHRI Schools be opened?
According to the information, on the instructions of Prime Minister Modi, at least one PM SHRI School will be established in every block of the country. So that the children of ordinary people can also get a chance for good education and they do not have to go far for studies. Under this scheme, one secondary and senior secondary school each in each district of the country will also be connected.