DNP India invites all global news boards, news corporation’s bodies, WAN (World Advertising Network) to partner with DNP India for affiliating it with them to become partner and to stay informed of all online/ digital decisions happening globally. This shall help strengthen the backbone of journalism and its freedom.
We keep ourselves updated from the digital news flagbearers of India and Global digital content regulators award winner’s associations, associations for digital content, self- regulations of the content.
Indian press council is India’s premier council for listening any issues related to press freedom, fake news or any issues. The Press Council of India was first set up in the year 1966 by the Parliament on the recommendations of the First Press Commission with the object of preserving the freedom of the press and of maintaining and improving the standards of press in India. The present Council functions under the Press Council Act, 1978. It is a statutory, quasi-judicial authority functioning as a watchdog of the press, for the press and by the press. It adjudicates the complaints against and by the press for violation of ethics and for violation of the freedom of the press respectively.
The Press Council is headed by a Chairman, who has by convention, been a retired judge of the Supreme Court of India. The Council consists of 28 other members of whom 20 represent the press and are nominated by the press organisations/news agencies recognised and notified by the Council as all India bodies of categories such as editors, working journalists and owners and managers of newspaper and news agencies, five members are nominated from the two Houses of Parliament and three represent cultural, literary and legal fields as nominees of the Sahitya Academy, University Grants Commission and the Bar Council of India. The members serve on the Council for a term of three years. A retiring member shall be eligible for re-nomination for not more than one term.
The Council is funded by the revenue collected by it as fee levied on the registered newspapers in the country on the basis of their circulation. No fee is levied on newspapers with circulation less than 5000 copies. The deficit is made good by way of grant by the Central Government.
- Complaint Procedure for filing the complaint against the Press
It is open to any person to lodge a complaint with the Press Council against a newspaper for a breach of the recognized ethical canons of journalistic propriety and taste. The complainant need not necessarily be the person aggrieved or directly involved. The alleged breach may be in the publication or non-publication of a news-item or statement, or other material, like cartoons, pictures, photographs, strips or advertisements which are published in a newspaper. Cases can also be initiated by any member of the public against any professional misconduct by an editor, working journalist, staff of a newspaper or engaged in freelance work. There can also be a complaint against any matter transmitted by a news agency by any means whatsoever. By virtue of the Press Council (Procedure for Inquiry) Regulations, 1979, complaint shall be lodged with the Council within the following periods:
- Dailies, News agencies and weeklies —–within two months
- In other cases—-within four months.
Provided that a relevant publication of an earlier date may be referred to in the complaint.
Digital News Publishers Asscoiation is the privately managed asscoiation by leading newspapers group who tries to address issues related to press freedom, survival of digital news in IndiaThe DNPA is formed by Dainik Bhaskar, India Today Group, NDTV, Hindustan Times, Indian Express, Times of India, Amar Ujala, Dainik Jagran, Eenadu and Malayala Manorama.
Ten of India’s top news publishers who collectively claim to serve 70% of India’s online audience have today announced the formation of their association, Digital News Publishers Association (DNPA).
The ten founding members include, Dainik Bhaskar, India Today Group, NDTV, Hindustan Times, Indian Express, Times of India, Amar Ujala, Dainik Jagran, Eenadu and Malayala Manorama.
*This body is newly formed by Indian digital publishers; DNP India is not part of this representation body in any manner. The above content is provided for the purpose of our international investors, who may get idea that the market is getting matured by the day
Digital Content Next is the only trade organization dedicated to serving the unique and diverse needs of high-quality digital content companies that manage trusted, direct relationships with consumers and marketers. The organization was founded in June 2001 as the Online Publishers Association (OPA).
DCN’s members are some of the most trusted and well-respected media brands that, together, have an unduplicated audience of 257 million unique visitors or 100% reach of the U.S. online population.*
We produce proprietary research for our members and the public, create public and private forums to explore and advance key issues that impact digital content brands, offer an influential voice that speaks for digital content companies in the press, with advertisers and policy makers, and work to educate the public at large on the importance of quality content brands.
We exist to pave the future for high-quality digital content. We promote digital innovation and support the creation of opportunities for high-quality digital media companies today and in the future. We will strengthen the relationship between consumers, marketers and digital media through our work.
- Members trust that we will advocate on their behalf where it matters: to the trade, in the legislative arena and within the digital media ecosystem. Being a part of Digital Content Next will make them better at the jobs they do today and better prepared for the future.
- Consumers come to our members’ brands because they trust what will be delivered, whether it’s comedy, entertainment, financial analysis or investigative reporting. We’ll relentlessly advocate for their respect.
- Marketers choose to invest money in our content and brands to associate with the high-quality trusted experiences that we deliver. We will help them to understand the increasingly complex landscape of digital media and shine a light on falsehoods and misleading actions.
- Agencies understand that we are partners, not adversaries. We work to deliver insights to them about the digital content ecosystem that competitively positions our members and helps them make smart media recommendations to their clients.
In March 2003, several leading European publishers came together to form OPA Europe, an extension of the organization’s activities to the European community. For more information about OPA Europe, visit www.opa-europe.org.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix Multi-Platform (Desktop P2+ and Mobile P18+) Audience Duplication Report, December 2018, U.S.
*The above excerpts are taken from Digital Content Next website.
The Online News Association is the world’s largest digital journalism association. Membership includes journalists, technologists, executives, students, educators and other digital media professionals. ONA’s mission is to inspire and support innovation and excellence in digital journalism. The mission is served through work in five focus areas:
- Developing strategies for emerging tech
- Sharing best practices on audience engagement and metrics
- Innovative news storytelling
- Experimenting and finding new revenue and business models
- Cultivating newsroom leadership, culture and diversity
The Online News Association is a flag bearer for global Journalism awards for last 20 years.
*DNP India is persuasive and is in touch to become the ONA member. To partner as association, DNP India feels that they have to get ready to take on the world. After all, any business needs associations to look after the business continuity.
Business Opportunity: Join recession free business:
Indian digital news market is still not mature; thousands of news websites are functional at the moment in South Asia, but unfortunately most of them are not where these should have been by now. The biggest challenges faced by media houses particularly in India is the forward integration of the business model one can develop for news websites. Majorly,
- Websites are more and more dependent on monies generated by google ad sense or tens of partners like Columbia, Taboola, Out brain or the recently launched news aggregator platforms which are helping these websites build business through the eyeballs generated from the content which co-exist. The Top players today in India are UC Browser, Share Chat, Daily hunt, News Dog, Helo and many more…
- Further the news websites are always under pressure for new news content or video ads, which comes for a price. In the race of making better videos or news all sorts of methods are being used by such players.
- The upcoming business model in the space which are garnering video traffic is with TikTok, Likee App, Star App, Azar, Vivo etc…
- Gaming is making lot of sense but off late this has also started depleting in subscriptions and advertising revenues
The above may give fair idea for a business opportunity the digital world may give to investors who have money and wish to try luck in the space. DNP India moves step ahead in bringing the most powerful concept, which will have powerful association within state and city centers.
For any concept belief is very important. So, we start with it. We urge you to fix-up a meeting with us and start dreaming to have your own news website set-up in your own city. This news set-up is the business arm of DNP India city project initiative.
What is DNP India digital City news concept?
DNP India City news concept is a unique initiative of the group, where group is adding new team of digital professionals who are willing to invest in their own digital news set-up. They may come from any Indian city, having journalism, Professionalism or business back-ground. The ones who has huge will to open their own news website focused on City and nearby areas by building cities its first personal portal, this portal shall make city to rely for firsthand information on news, employment, young India vision and events. This will be a limited geographical exercise to give full opportunity to the investors of the city.
Who all can apply and participate?
The entrepreneurs, professionals or journalist who belongs to a particular city or district will be the ideal candidate for the project.
What is the business opportunity?
DNP India ensures big business opportunity in many ways.
- Name and perception it builds for regional business
- Earning opportunities through different business categories
- Snatching lot of business from local Radio, Newspapers, Cable ads, Outdoors of the city
- Corporate routing of business will be felicitated ones the arrangements is worked out
- Google ad sense and other formidable global sites will be attached to get traction through regional stories and content selling
- All applications will fetch additional revenues, which will be guided by DNP India time to time
Why this project will help India and DNP India in particular?
Project will have many first initiatives; the investor has to start listening to the business plans from DNP India corporate from the day of signing up. DNP India promises that it would take off as India lacks gravity of running digital business. Most of the business houses having billions are unable to integrate it with BHARAT hence launching this initiative is a remarkable thought, which shall drive India in the near future.
Will the DNP India website extension would be given?
Yes. DNP India will give the extension name to promote its sanctity and will keep cross-checks on content through machine learning and AI (Artificial Intelligence) daily.
When investor can expect returns?
Any business has gestation time of 36 months, DNP India City news has gestation time of 20 months to bring the city news to the level of break-even and post that it starts earning profits.
Why the gestation time in DNP India digital news set-up is 20 months?
DNP India digital news set-up is a unique model, this model allows you to work from home or any set-up at really cost effective place, in no condition the set-up will allows to make huge investment. On the contrary, we shall ask you to make investments where opportunity may be converted to earn.
What is the business model and how I become part of it?
It’s very simple, anyone who is interested to be part of this business model he or she has to come and register on the website. Since, it’s an open offer to anyone after we receive first request we will take 3 months to close the application. DNP India would do proper due diligence before signing-up with partners. Thorough checks would be made about the parties, business, police records etc.
Who will develop the product and give technical support?
In all the above set-up product development and technical support will be extended by DNP India for life time. This contract between DNP India and partners will be life time without any exit clause. This shall carry all hereditary clauses of father-son or father daughter at all times. [DNP India urges the investor to only come and discuss] with this pre-condition. In case someone who wish to exit has to surrender the DNP India city news set-up completely and DNP India willfully returns the caution money invested by the investor with a condition.
- No exit for 3 years
- Caution money deposited will be refunded when the set-up is taken over by any other city based investor
- If say, for next 6 months no investor turns up a grace period of 3 months will come into effect. However, after 9 months DNP India parent shall start processing the caution money refund as a whole or in installments whatever deems fit.
Keeping in view that news business is entirely dependent on perception and no asset value can be monetized. DNP India assures the old investors of the safety of their caution money in the condition that entire set-up is shifted in as and where basis to the new aspirant, who replaces the first one.
Which cities are open in the phase 1?
This may be discussed with an official email to email@example.com
How are cities divided for investment?
Cities investments are divided on large geographies, population and business potential watch annexure 1
How the classification of A, B, C cities is being done?
Watch annexure 1
Is the groups other verticals open for such investments in Radon Films and Entertainment and News chatni OTT platform?
Not now for retail investors.