Today’s Top 10 News: DNP News brings to you top 10 breaking stories of the day to keep you abreast of all the latest developments from India and around the world.
1. PM Modi to inaugurate two week long Azadi Mahotsav , will facilitate BJP in wooing tribals in the run up to 2024 Lok Sabha Polls
In its bid to woo country’s tribal community in the run upto 2024 Lok Sabha Polls , BJP led Central Government on Thursday will kick off a two week long Mega National Tribal Festival which will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi.
2. IAF plans to arrest the drawdown in its fighter aircraft strength , mega acquisition of 500 aircrafts on anvil
Indian Airforce is all set to kick of the procurement of 114 multi role fighter jets (MRFA) along with three different indigenous fighter development programs in a bid to arrest its dwindling strength.
3. Income Tax Department Survey at BBC India offices comes to an end
Income Tax Department Survey at BBC offices came to an end after three days on Thursday. The operation started on Tuesday and Income Tax officials examined computers and financial records at BBC Offices over allegations of “deliberate non-compliance with Indian laws including transfer pricing rules and diversion of profits illegally.”
4. Congress to elect new CWC next week at Raipur Plenary
Congress Plenary which is scheduled to be held in Raipur on February 24 will ratify the election of M Mallikarjun Kharge last year and is likely to elect its new Congress Working Committee (CWC) the apex decision making body of Grand Old Party (GOP).
5. Iranian President Raisi all set to visit Beijing as Xi Jingping plans reciprocal visit to strengthen ties between two countries
Chinese President Xi Jingping is all set to make a state visit to Iran as three day visit of Iranian President Raisi comes to a close. Reciprocal visits will strengthen economic ties between both these countries and will give shape to 25 year old “strategic cooperation pact” signed between Tehran and Beijing.
6. Angry China sanctions Lockheed Martin , Raytheon over arms sales to Taiwan
China’s Commerce Minister has sanctioned Lockheed Martin and Raytheon Technologies Corp over arms sales to Taiwan and has categorized them into an “unreliable entities list”. This sanctioning is a retaliatory counter measure adopted by China amid heightened tensions after the US Military shot down a purported Chinese Spy Balloon.
7. Elon Musk closes 2 out of 3 Twitter India offices , months after laying off over 90 percent staff
Twitter has shut down 2 out of 3 India offices and it is seen as Micro Blogging Site’s bid to downsize its operational presence in the country. In November Twitter laid off over 90 per cent staff in India.
8. Adani – Hindenburg Row : Government prepares a list of names for the expert committee in its mandate to protect investors
The Central Government has prepared a list of names who would constitute expert committee as suggested by Supreme Court. Names have been selected by the Centre includes experts from various areas and they have been reportedly selected by the government, keeping in mind the concerns of the court over the protection of investors.
9. India’s Wall Chiteshwar Pujara to reach milestone 100 Tests
For Chiteshwar Pujara, it has been baptism by fire, around a year back selectors had dropped him from the Test squad for home series against Srilanka. At that time he was on 95 Tests. His has been an inspirational comeback and he had to regain his place among new generation players who are slam bang cricketers and are adept at T 20 cricket.