E-Challan: Have you also received a ticket for driving while in violation of the law? Even if you didn’t purposefully break the traffic law, you could still face a ticket. The traffic police has informed the public that you can now deposit the challan fee via an e-challan while sitting at home, eliminating the need for you to visit a traffic police office.
Pay Traffic Fines Anytime, Anywhere with E-Challan
You can use this website to deposit the challan amount even if you removed the challan you received by SMS or email. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and NIC offer the ability to pay challans online. By using this, you can pay your traffic fine while relaxing at home. Visit the website echallan.parivahan.gov.in to pay the fine.
Step-by-Step Guide to Paying Your Traffic Challan Online
- First of all, you go to the website of the Transport Department. You can also click on this link: echallan.parivahan.gov.in
- After this, you click on the Check Challan Status tab.
- The option of vehicle number, challan number and DL number is available on this page.
- You can see the details of your challan on the screen by selecting either the vehicle number or the challan number.
- If your vehicle has not been challaned then you will not see anything on this page. You can also see here how many times your vehicle has been challaned.
- After entering the vehicle number or challan number, you will see all the challans issued for your vehicle here.
- After this you can make online payment for the challan. To pay the challan, now click on the option of Pay Now.
- After clicking on the option of Pay Now, you have to choose the mode of payment. You can opt for credit/debit card or netbanking. After this, make the payment by choosing the relevant option.
- Once the payment is done, you will get the message that the payment is successful. Along with this you will also get the transaction ID
- You can keep both these things carefully for the future.