On Friday, a young Indian diplomat Sneha Dubey exercised the country’s right to respond when Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan raised the issue of Kashmir in his address to the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
Pakistan is an “arsonist” disguising itself as a “fire-fighter”, and the entire world has suffered because of its policies as the country nurtures terrorists in its backyard, India’s First Secretary Sneha Dubey said.
Shortly after her speech, the young diplomat Sneha Dubey won the hearts of millions of Indians with her feisty, well-documented response to Imran Khan and the manner in which she handled it.
Who is Sneha Dubey?
- Sneha Dubey, a 2012 batch Indian Foreign Services (IFS) officer, had completed her schooling from Goa.
- She then went to Pune’s Fergusson College for higher studies and received an MPhil in International Studies from the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Delhi, according to reports.
- She cleared the prestigious civil services examination in her first attempt in 2011.
- Sneha is the first in her family to join the government services. Her father works in a multinational company while her mother is a school teacher.
- According to the details available, Sneha was very passionate about joining the Indian Foreign Service. As she was interested in international issues.
- After being chosen for the International Service, Sneha Dubey’s first appointment was within the Ministry of Exterior Affairs. Then in August 2014, she was India’s third secretary at Madrid before being posted to the United Nations in 2014.
- After a clip from her speech went viral on Twitter, users praised Dubey and even compared her to India’s former women officers who have countered Pakistan at the United Nations like Eenam Gambhir and Vidisha Maitra
Watch her speech here:
(For more updates stay tuned with DNP India)