Passport News: One can avoid the otherwise drawn-out passport application procedure by using a tatkal scheme. It also offers a faster processing time and an easier method of obtaining a passport, meaning you can get one in a matter of days. Are you curious about the application process, the cost of the Tatkal passport, and other pertinent information? Look Here
The decision to issue a tatkal passport is made by the Regional Passport Office. Recall that not all candidates are qualified to submit an application through the Tatkal scheme. The following categories are listed:
- Applicants with Indian descent who were born abroad to parents of Indian descent
- People Exported from Other Countries to India
- An Individual Returned From Another Nation
- Citizenship is awarded to Indian residents upon registration or naturalisation
- People who live in Jammu and Kashmir and Nagaland
- Indian nationals of Naga descent who live outside of Nagaland
- Those Who Would Like to Extend Their Passports’ Limited Validity
- Candidates Who Have Significantly Changed Their Name
- Candidates Looking to Reissue Their Passports Following Theft or Loss of Them
- Adopted children by foreign and Indian parents
- children with just one parent
Tatkal Passport Application Form
Do you want to know how to apply for a passport in Tatkal? Take these easy actions:
- Sign up on Passport Seva’s official website, https://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- Enter your user ID and password to log in to the portal after creating an account.
- Choose between the “Fresh/Re-issue” options.
- Select “Tatkal” as the type of scheme.
- Fill out the application form by downloading it and entering all necessary information, including your name, employment type, family information, etc.
- Fill out the online application, then finish the process by paying online.
- Make an appointment at the closest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) by printing off the receipt.
If you want to apply for a Tatkal passport, you must submit any three of the following documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter Card
- SC/ST/ OBC Certificate
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Arms License
- Service Identity Card
- Documents Of Property
- Gas Bills
- Driving License
- Birth Certificate
- Pension Documents
- Bank/Post Office/Kisan Passbook
- Identity Card of a Student From a Recognised Educational Institution
Tatkal Passport Approval
Your tatkal passport should be sent out within the third working day if your application is approved with the final status of “Granted.” Furthermore, the date of application submission is not included in this date; rather, it includes the police verification. Additionally, an applicant can anticipate receiving their passport one working day after the date of application if they do not need police verification.