Uttarakhand News: Following rain and snowfall, the Chardham Yatra districts are experiencing an intense cold wave, prompting pilgrims to seek refuge in warm clothing and bonfires. Despite efforts, the chilly weather persists, affecting both locals and visitors. In Badrinath Dham, a sudden change in weather brought rain and light snowfall, with temperatures dropping to 1 degree Celsius.
- Badrinath Dham Weather: After enjoying good sunshine until noon, the weather in Badrinath Dham changed abruptly at 4 pm. Rainfall began at 5 pm, followed by snowfall. The temperature plummeted, causing discomfort to pilgrims who found themselves shivering in the cold.
- Yamunotri Dham Snowfall: Surrounding areas, including Yamunotri Dham, witnessed snowfall. Rainfall occurred in Kharshali village, Jankichatti, Narayan Puri, Phoolchatti Hanuman Chatti area. The drop in temperature due to snowfall has intensified the cold in Yamunotri Dham.
- Alerts and Advisories: The Meteorological Department has issued a yellow alert for rain and hailstorm in seven districts, including Dehradun. People in these districts are advised to exercise caution. The possibility of a slight drop in the maximum temperature has been indicated.
- Weather Outlook: Lightning and hailstorm are anticipated in Uttarkashi, Rudraprayag, Chamoli, Bageshwar, Pithoragarh, Dehradun, and Tehri districts. Travelers, especially those planning mountain trips, are advised to stay informed about the weather conditions and be cautious.
- Impact on Reconstruction: Continuous snowfall on the peaks of Kedarnath is affecting reconstruction work. While most plain areas have experienced bright sunshine in recent days, some hilly areas, including Pithoragarh and Bageshwar in Kumaon, are witnessing a change in the weather pattern.
The unexpected weather fluctuations underscore the importance of preparedness for travelers and residents alike, emphasizing the need to stay updated on weather forecasts and exercise caution during the Chardham Yatra.