Android 14: During the Android I/O 2023 conference, the Android 14 update’s first hints were dropped. Since then, there have been multiple rumours about its release.
Telus, a Canadian carrier, has provided some insight, speculating that a release would occur on October 4. If true, this would indicate that the Pixel 8 Android upgrade may be approaching since it coincides with the release of the Google Pixel 8 series.
Android 14 features to look out for
Lock Screen Personalisation
By adding new shortcuts and clock displays to the lock screen, users may add their own unique touch.
This feature, which makes use of AI, offers personalised recommendations to improve the messaging experience.
Find My Device updates
More gadgets, such as tablets and headphones, will be supported by the updated software.
- The Integrated Health Connect app.
- new approaches to making personalised backgrounds.
- support for lossless audio when using wired headphones.
- support for HDR in 10-bits.
- updates for the Camera2 and CameraX extensions.
- limiting the use of gadgets to secure cellular connections.
- Other features include Find My Device updates, a floating search bar, repair mode, screen search gesture, satellite connectivity, predictive back gesture, app cloning, bloatware detection, App Pair saves, and an enhanced taskbar for foldables and tablets.
Major security and Privacy updates
With features like restricting older app installations for improved device safety, letting users choose which images and videos apps may access, and improving PIN privacy, Android 14 increases security and privacy.
It also enhances data-sharing notifications to remind users of updates to the app’s privacy policies and makes tweaks in the background to strengthen security against malware threats. A more convenient and safe authentication process is now offered with enhanced Passkey functionality.