- Advertisement -
HomeNATIONApple's Production Linked Incentive Scheme Creates 100K Jobs in Electronic Sector, Emerges...

Apple’s Production Linked Incentive Scheme Creates 100K Jobs in Electronic Sector, Emerges as Top Job Creator in India; Report

Apple: Apple is now India’s leading employer in the electronics industry, according to Business Standard. Due in large part to the vendors and component suppliers who helped create jobs through the government’s Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme, the company has created 100,000 direct employment opportunities in the past 19 months.

Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme supports job growth

The majority of these jobs have been created since August 2021, when the PLI scheme was put into effect. 60% of the newly created jobs were produced by the three major vendors that assemble iPhones: Foxconn Hon Hai, Pegatron, and Wistron. This number is about 7,000 jobs more than what they agreed to for the program’s second year. The remaining 40% of jobs were created by Apple’s ecosystem, which also includes 40,000 additional jobs created by companies like Tata Electronics, Salcomp, Avary, Foxlink, Sunwoda, and Jabil, who provide components and chargers.

Foxconn, Pegatron, and Wistron lead in job creation

The three iPhone vendors and the businesses in Apple’s ecosystem, who are required to report their employment numbers to government authorities on a regular basis, provided the data used to calculate the employment figures, the report claims. More than 35,500 jobs have been created by Foxconn Hon Hai, a company based in Tamil Nadu that produces only iPhones. This represents more than a third of all jobs created. With 14,000 jobs, Pegatron is now the second-largest employer, and Wistron in Karnataka has created 12,800.

Must Read: Revolutionary Device to Detect Cancer Cells from Blood Samples ? May Replace Invasive Biopsies and Enable Personalized Treatment Plans

Apple’s export of iPhones hits $1 billion in December 2022

Salcomp, which employs over 11,000 people, as well as Jabil, Foxlink, and Sunwoda are other significant job creators. According to government estimates, nearly three times as many indirect jobs are generated in the electronics manufacturing industry for every direct job created. According to this estimate, the Apple ecosystem is responsible for about three lakh direct and indirect jobs. Between April and December 2022, Apple exported more than 30,000 crore worth of iPhones, accounting for roughly 40% of the total value of smartphones exported from the country during that time. In December 2022, Apple became the first company to export more than $1 billion worth of iPhones in a single month.

Must Read: High-Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked Again! Trinamool Congress Falls prey to Cyberattack in Ongoing Trend

Keep watching our YouTube Channel ‘DNP INDIA’. Also, please subscribe and follow us on FACEBOOKINSTAGRAMand TWITTER.

Enter Your Email To get daily Newsletter in your inbox

- Advertisement -

Latest Post

Latest News

- Advertisement -