A recent study by Pearson, a British Multinational Publishing and Education company has revealed that generative AI poses a greater threat to white-collar jobs than blue-collar ones. The study titled “Skills Outlook 2023: The Future of Jobs in the Age of Generative AI” has come to the conclusion that generative AI is capable of augmenting or automating up to 30 Percent of routine tasks done by white-collar jobs in India. White, it barely automates 1 per cent of blue-collar jobs in the country. Check out more details below.
The study states the reason for white-collar job automation is they are more rule-based than blue-collar jobs which makes them much easier to automate. Generative Artificial Intelligence is capable of performing tasks easily which include data, numbers and customer service.
White Collar Jobs that are Most at Risk Of Automation
- Accounting and Book Keeping – 46 Per cent
- Word Processor and Related Operators – 40 per cent
- Administrative Secretaries and Related Professionals- 38 per cent
- Market Salespersons and stall persons – 30 per cent
- Accountants – 28 Percent
Blue Collar Jobs at Risk
- Weavers, Knitters and Related Workers – 17 per cent
- Basketry Weavers, Brush Makers and Related Workers – 17 per cent
- Weaving and Knitting Machine Operators – 16 per cent
- Waiters and Bartenders – 15 per cent
- Bakers, Pastry Cooks, and Confectionery Makers – 15 per cent