YouTube: It’s hard to recall all the music that is released every day in the digital age. It might be annoying to try to identify a song when individuals can usually only remember a portion of the lyrics. A new feature from YouTube solves this issue. A source claims that you may now use humming, singing, or whistling to look up a song. However, this feature is only accessible on the YouTube mobile app.
YouTube’s new feature
You don’t need separate music identification software to swiftly locate that elusive song that’s been playing in your thoughts, thanks to this useful feature.
It’s possible that not all Indian YouTube users can currently access this function. Targeting mostly Android users, especially those who are using the app’s beta version, it looks to be a gradual deployment. Regretfully, there is no word on when iOS users will be able to access this feature.
How to use this feature?
- On your phone, launch the YouTube app.
- Press the “Search” button.
- There’s a symbol for a microphone in the search bar on the right, Press it.
- Give the YouTube app permission to use the microphone on your device.
- Turn on the microphone and begin humming, singing, or whistling the melody of the song you remember.
- YouTube will search for the song using this audio input.
- Next, YouTube will show you a list of results that it thinks go well with your song.