Ola Electric: A report states that an Ola electric scooter caught fire in the middle of the road in Pune, marking yet another incident involving electric vehicles. A user on X posted a video of the occurrence on Saturday, stating that it happened close to the D.Y. Patil College parking lot in Pimpri Chinchwad and that the scooter’s model was an Ola S1, which caught fire.
Ola Electric Scooter catches fire on Pune
The fire department personnel are seen in the video controlling the thick smoke that is coming from a scooter with a water hose.The scooter was badly damaged, but no casualties have been recorded.
In Pune, this is the second incidence of this kind employing Ola’s electric scooters. In March 2022, another Ola S1 Pro scooter caught fire in Pune’s Dhanori neighbourhood.
On October 20, a different X user reported a comparable occurrence in which they mentioned an Ola S1 Pro fire.
What did Ola say?
In response to the electric scooter fire incident that happened in Pune on Sunday, Ola stated that their research had shown that the scooter’s aftermarket parts had caused a short circuit, which in turn had caused the disaster.
The car’s battery’s integrity and functionality were also verified by the manufacturer.
The business also stated that “the customer is safe and unharmed.”