EPFO Updates: A Universal Account Number, or UAN, is a 12-digit number assigned to all eligible employees by the Employee Provident Fund Organisation. It is a standard number that includes details of the multiple Member IDs that different organisations allot to you.
This number helps employees to check their EPF balance, withdraw money as well as get PF loan applications.
It is very easy for employees to generate a UAN online. It is important to note that you must have your Aadhar number with you before commencing the process of generating UAN.
Steps to Generate a UAN Online
1) Visit the EPFO portal – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2) On the right-hand side of the screen, click on ‘Direct UAN Allotment by Employees’
3) Write down your Aadhar linked mobile and enter the captcha, then click on ‘Generate OTP’
4) Enter the OTP received on Aadhar linked mobile and click on submit button
5) Select Yes for “Are you working in any private company/factory/establishment”. If No is selected, the system will redirect you to the home page
6)Select the appropriate “Employment Category” from the drop-down list
7) If “Employment Category” is selected as “In Establishment/Company/Factory” falling under EPFO, the system will prompt for PF code number otherwise the system will prompt to enter details of the establishments.
8) The system will display the details for the installation. Now you have to enter the date of joining and select the Identity Proof type and upload the copy of the selected “Identity Proof”
9) Now enter your Aadhar or Virtual ID and Captcha and click on Generate OTP
10) OTP will be received on your phone, enter this
11) The system will fetch details from UIDAI.
12) Click on the Register button
13) Now, your UAN will be generated