Around 20 Chinese soldiers were reportedly injured in a clash that ensued last week after the Indian troops stopped a PLA patrol team from entering the Indian territory at Naku La in Sikkim.
Few Indian Army soldiers were also injured in the clash, sources told India Today on Monday.
Reports said the clash took place three days ago. Reports also suggest that the PLA soldiers tried to enter the Indian side of the LAC but were pushed back by the Indian troops in the hostile conditions of Sikkim.
Sources said no firearms were used during the clash. The situation is reported to be under control now.
The Naku La sector, located at an altitude of 5,270-meter, was also one of the original face-off sites when PLA troops intruded into Indian territory at multiple points in eastern Ladakh in early-May last year.
Soon after the first violent clash between Indian and Chinese troops on the north bank of Pangong Tso on May 5-6, another brawl took place at Naku La on May 9. Dozens of soldiers from both sides were injured in the two clashes, even as the two sides mobilized troops, tanks and howitzers all along the 3,488-km long
Line of Actual Control from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.
On Sunday, India and China held a 16-hour long marathon military dialogue that eneded at after 2 a.m. on Monday to resolve the ongoing nineth month long border dispute and thinning of forces along the LAC. The ninth Corps Commander level talks between both the countries took place at the Moldo Meeting point in Ladakh region. It had started at 10.30 a.m. on Sunday and ended at 2.30 a.m. on Monday.
According to IANS, Lieutenant General PGK Menon, the Corps Commander of Leh-based HQ 14 Corps, led the Indian delegation. India has sought complete disengagement and withdrawal of forces from the disputed areas. It happened after almost two months after the last dialogue. The details of the meeting were yet to come. The military commanders will convey the details of the meeting to the Prime Minister Office.