- Advertisement -
HomeNATIONAshok Gehlot Announces Rahul Gandhi as Congress' Face for PM in 2024...

Ashok Gehlot Announces Rahul Gandhi as Congress’ Face for PM in 2024 Lok Sabha Polls

Rahul Gandhi: Ashok Gehlot, the chief minister of Rajasthan, announced on Saturday that Rahul Gandhi would be the Congress party’s nominee for prime minister in the next Lok Sabha elections. He stated that the decision to form the INDIA alliance of 26 opposition parties was reached after conversations and consideration by all parties. Gehlot told India Today/Aaj Tak that the Congress had resolved to make Rahul Gandhi the candidate for prime minister.

Gehlot Highlights Current National Pressure Behind Coalition Formation

When discussing the necessity of the INDIA coalition, he claimed that while local circumstances often influence elections, the current state of affairs in the nation has put “immense pressure” on all parties. “The public has created such pressure, resulting in an alliance of all parties,” he said. PM Narendra Modi shouldn’t be “arrogant,” according to Gehlot. Since the BJP won only 31% of the vote in 2014, PM Modi shouldn’t be haughty. He said that the remaining 69% were against him. He claimed that NDA was “scared” when the INDIA coalition parties met in Bengaluru last month. When asked about claims that the NDA is working to come to power with 50% votes in the 2024 general elections, he said, “PM Modi will never be able to achieve that. When Modi was at the peak of his popularity, he couldn’t secure 50% of the votes. His vote share will decrease and the results of the 2024 elections will determine who becomes the Prime Minister,” he said.

Gehlot Contends Congress’ Role in Modi’s 2014 Win

Additionally, Ashok Gehlot asserted that it was “because of Congress” that PM Modi was elected as prime minister in 2014. He criticised Modi’s delivery, saying it was impossible to make predictions about the future in a democratic society. “This decision should be made by the people, and everyone should respect their choice. PM Modi’s made many promises but the public knows what happened to them,” he said. Gehlot credited past prime ministers Jawahar Lal Nehru and Indira Gandhi for Chandrayaan-3’s successful Moon landing. “Nehru’s contribution is also significant in the success of Chandrayaan-3, and the current achievements are the result of the hard work of Indira Gandhi and Nehru,” he said. He claimed that Nehru heard scientist Vikram Sarabhai’s suggestion, which led to the creation of the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro). He said that the space center’s original name, which was something different, was altered to Isro after Indira Gandhi assumed office.

Keep watching our YouTube Channel ‘DNP INDIA’. Also, please subscribe and follow us on FACEBOOKINSTAGRAMand TWITTER.

Enter Your Email To get daily Newsletter in your inbox

- Advertisement -

Latest Post

Latest News

- Advertisement -