Rakesh Jhunjhunwala: Billionaire investor, and stock trader Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, died today at the age of 62 because of a heart attack.
We have listed 5 things here about Jhunjhunwala that you may not know, have a look down below:
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, often referred to as the Warren Buffett of India, was born on July 5, 1960, in Hyderabad and grew up in Mumbai.
- After graduating from Sydenham College, he enrolled at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and married Rekha Jhunjhunwala, who was also a stock market investor.
- Mr Jhunjhunwala was known to be bullish about India’s stock market and whatever stock he bought mostly turned into a multi-bagger.
- Jhunjhunwala ran a privately owned stock trading firm called Rare Enterprises. He also backed India’s latest airline Akasa Air, which flew into Indian skies earlier this month.
- Asked why he started the venture when the aviation sector was not doing well. He then replied, “I say I am ready for failure.”