Uttarakhand News: In the aftermath of the demolition of an alleged illegal madrasa in Haldwani, Uttarakhand, a violent clash ensued between miscreants and police officers. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami issued a shoot-at-sight order as individuals threw stones at police officers and set their vehicles on fire.
- Haldwani municipal corporation officials razed the purportedly illegal madrasa in Banbhulpura police station area using a JCB machine.
- Municipal Commissioner Pankaj Upadhyay, City Magistrate Richa Singh, and SDM Paritosh Verma were reportedly present during the demolition.
- In response to the action, a group of miscreants engaged in violence by pelting stones at police officers on the scene.
- Initial reports indicate injuries to several officials, police personnel, and journalists during the clash.
- Subsequently, police resorted to lathi charge and fired tear gas shells to control the situation.
The incident highlights the volatile situation in Haldwani and the challenges faced by authorities in maintaining law and order during such demolitions.